Saturday, January 11, 2014

Scared of bathing ur newborn !!!


Bath time with my baby is the best time I spend with her.She enjoys sitting in her bath tub and playing with water in it .Looking with amazement how water falls from tap or shower and trying to feel it with her tiny hands.But our fav game is splashing water and her squealing with excitement .
bath time is easy and fun for both of us now .

But 10 months back it didn't seem so easy to me.
She was a newborn and I was a first time mom.
She couldn't  hold her head and I was scared by people around me.

Bathing newborn apt to be frightening at first to the inexperienced parent_the baby seems so helpless,limp and slippery.esp after having been soaped.Then they cry loudly if held loosely.It adds up to more frightening.
My mother in law was so scared of bathing baby or even changing babies cloth that she thought its only maalishwali's task to do all this. she discouraged me too from bathing my lo( even sponge bath).
she herselves consider it's as a difficul task that can not be done by everyone

Now I look back and laugh at me and my ignorance . How such a simple bathing thing becomes so Big Deal.

A nice old lady came to our house for doing all this.Her timings were very late(around 2:30 pm)which was my baby's nap time. she was asked to do so much by my mother in law that she did everything fast and without wasting any time.Its not her fault she used to charge so less but helped inexperienced me & my scared mother in law.

All that unbearable crying
 My baby cried so much the entire time maalishwali used to massage,bathe and changes cloth.it was unbearable.It was disturbing her nap time daily.Even the maalishwali suggested me to change my babies clothand bath on my own but my mother in law didn't want me touch the baby.She was so scared of doing all this that she herself has never bathed her babies not even changed their clothes ever(strange!!!) .............

Is bathing Newborn is so scary?
NO its not at all difficult or scary.
Bathing newborn is easy and simple.
it should involve lots of plays and be fun ur lo.And yes there must not be any tears and cries.

How I started bathing my baby on my own?
When I returned to my place ,I discovered some of my own ways to bathe my baby without even buying a separate bather or special bath tub that would be a waste after 4 months,once baby start holding  her head and sitting on support.

        I am not against buying these baby products.they are a great help to some but u can do without them too.

So I just want to share my experiences and some easy,simple and economic ways of bathing newborn in my next post.

post contd

No comments:

Post a Comment