Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Enjoy ur baby ...... without being worried how to be a perfect mother

I really want to say this to all new moms .....RELAX,,,,,,


Enjoy ur newborn baby with ur partner and spend some time together; looking at ur little one and talking abt her
.Dont get in rush to do everything perfect and get tired. Following blindly every word by others (except your doctor) and getting frustrated.Trust yourself that u r a good mother and u wud try to do ur best for ur new born even if others don't agree with u.


Quite often I see in my neighbourhood, mother in laws take whole charge of baby and try to keep keep distance between the baby and mom.Bonding between mom and baby is sometimes discouraged by MIL only because of their over excitement of taking care of newborn.

They themselves believes that they are experienced and a young mother is ignorant so its solely  their responsibility  to take care. Even if they do this  with good intention,this some times give rise to other problems......like following old practices that cud create problems(too much wrapping baby or bathe or massage rigoursly,squeezing out baby milk,putting oil in ears and nose)
Also I  have noticed sometimes they discourage breastfeeding to baby or might put too much pressure for breast feeding ,making the young mothers so anxious or scared....or nervous that it affects her .....
 
listen to one of my cousins story...........she wasn't able to breastfeed her baby as everybody around her esp her mom put so much pressure by telling whats the right way to hold or how to sit the entire time u breastfeed or how to keep a finger on your breast so that ur baby wont suffocate or how to keep a hand. or squeeze ur breast to let the milk come out.eating only particular things and doing too much PARHEZ(abstinence frm certain foods)......so on so on........that it all made her so nervous, that she was hardly able to  breastfeed her baby.

While in my case ,I just fell in love with my baby at the first sight that I did what my heart said was good for my little wonder.I was never worried about milk production and improving the quality of milk by eating particular food, never absconded any food.Ate to my heart delight whatever I liked.Breastfeed my baby in lying down position during nights as it was relaxing for me(which was not allowed by olders).And guess I never had any single breast feeding problem till date,still BF at around one year without any worrying.
Don't take too seriously all that the neighbor says and all that older people says (as there information is passed on to them by their elders which is sometimes not correct).
I am not saying that they are wrong always and ignore them completely, its good to listen to their good advices but don't be afraid to trust your own common sense.bringing up your baby wont be complicated if u take it easy and trust your own instincts.

Everytime you pick your baby up---even if u do it little awkwardly at first ---and change her bathe her feed her smile at her,she's getting the feeling that she belongs to you and that u belong to her.
what mothers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all .

Better to relax and make a few mistakes than to to try too hard to be perfect.

Post cont.........(part two trust yourself without worrying what other advices)

No comments:

Post a Comment