Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thank God....the Winter is finally gone

snow India
snow in friends backyard at Canada and I am freezing here in Delhi

This is the first time in my life I am saying this................before becoming  a mom, WINTER was the season, I longed for.......but this time winter seems like a vicious guest who doesn't want to go away and kept me freezing inside my house.............

Now when I go down the memory lane these days ,I remember winters as wearing purple coats,a pair of sexy boots or shoes and a cute cap.To add up to all this a green scarf before stepping out of my house in all my charms.

On weekends ,forgetting my  drawing room altogether and went into hibernation in my bedroom,snuggling in my bed thru out the day ,sipping cup of coffee or hot soup while watching movies whole day back to back, ordering pizza ,eating there only(I always have a breakfast table for myself),reading a good book and finally dozing off listening to 'dil ke baat' on radio or thinking abt Mr Darcy and Elizabeth.WOW! seemed like a life to me now.

And if I go more deep down the memory lane whn I was in my hometown, I see myself sunbathing in afternoon,dozing off with a romantic book in my hand,lying on cot in our terrace while a neighbourhood kid practising his guitar in the background(I say background coz I can't see him),playing all wonderful melodies,All this felt like I was in heaven then.

oh.....now I shud comeback to my present

First time in my life I had my whole winters spent in drawing room(which is quite open type),kitchen and bathroom................and my bed room how much I missed u?
Being a mum of toddler means all day spent in chasing after ur little runner,washing bottles,cooking, changing diapers,doing dirty laundry(disadvantage of being a cloth diapering mama),exhausting,saying no no the whole day.
How many times my Jn (my baby name in short) get her hands dirty,messing food whenever she can,messing with dirt wherever she can found, and her toys all over the place ,how many times I escaped tripping over her toys?
Taking out every book from my bookshelf or clothes from wardrobe if left open accidentally.

And to top of all this a severe,chilling,freezing  and sooooooooooo long winter.
this entire February only I got cold and fever three times back to back.
but I can say have grown strong too after being a mother,didn't took rest for single day,didn't stop doing my work a single hr.

didn't enjoyed a cup of coffee peacefully for a single moment.
so now I am happy that winter is gone and luckily my little wanderer didn't get got any cold.

how was ur winters with ur little bundle of joy?Was it as terrible as mine or am I over reacting.

but I am happy to say "Adieu Winters"

No comments:

Post a Comment