Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wonders of a good Massage before Bedtime

baby getting massage-india

I remember when my LO was born.I got one of many advice from a wellwisher that babies cud be given massages 3 times a day.But a good massage before bedtime is a must. It helps the little one to sleep easily.
Though massaging 3 times a day was a huge thing for me.....esp when I am sleep deprived myself.

Initially, I didn't gave it a lot of importance,when I already had a masseuse for my baby.By the night I got so tired ,I was not interested in it, and also the weather was so cold ,it was the month of dec .But this kind lady ,my baby's masseuse told me  too to learn little bit massaging,give it one more time to baby before bedtime, just make the room warm and there is no need to remove all the clothes of ur lo.I took her advice.

When I went to my mom's place ,I saw her doing it,she used to make the room warm,then putting little oil in palm,warming her palms too by rubbing and she used to massage gently on baby's legs and back ,a little head massage,and also massaging around stomach which help to expel gas,I wud say, my lo quite liked it,she used to fall asleep immediately after the massage .
though I had very little patience,and she didn't go to sleep whnever I did it,but I felt its better than rocking or walking the baby to sleep.
so no matter even if it didn't work in the beginning,but its a kind of bedtime ritual,that is reapeated everyday.

All I can say that a good massage before bedtime is not  a pill to sleep but it's definetely prepare the baby to sleep or make him sleepy a bit as it becomes a routine(as reading a book before bedtime does to us)

After nine or ten months,babys can't stay still at one place ,and they don't let u do massage easily,so I stopped it after a year,coz I had to pull my lo every time to massge her and she ran away,again I was pulling her........which is quite a fun and she enjoyed teasing me.

but now one day before bedtime,she wanted to be held by her dad,who actually went out of room.she got so angry on him &
started screaming(shes's 15th month old & only parents of toddlers can understand these tantrums).she wasn't listening to me somehow I distracted her by showing something on wall,put her on my lap ,then I started massaging her on her stomach which she found actually funny,but then I turned her & did a good massage on her back.I was surprised that she didn't stopped me and also calmed down , I kept on doing for half an hr.I thought she had felt asleep but no.....she was awake.....but was quite enjoying it,,,,as people do in spas.
my little girl who doesn't let me touch her these days,actually led me to do  a massage,calmed down and after half an hr become sleepy and went to sleep after 10 or 15 mintutes. WOW ! a wonderful massage I can say, had no idea that toddlers love it too. Now I try it more on LO  ratherthan patting on back which I used to do.

 Babies love massages too and they let u do it easily,so u might think abt giving a good massage before bedtime; adding it to the bedtime ritual of ur little bundle of joy .
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post conveys a good messages and interesting things and give more updates.
    Aaraike is a team of women who helps other independent women to sail through their pregnancy & post pregnancy period and cares about mother and new born baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post actually. These stuffs will make you more healthy and fit. You can also take help from the noni fruit, mangosteen or so many other stuffs to make it more healthier then ever before. You can use the Noni fruit extract as it is also composed of all the healthy nutrients.
    Fresh Vegetables available in Nashik

    ReplyDelete